Besant Higher Primary School (along with Besant National High School) was the maiden institution of the Besant group of educational institutions, complerting its centenary in 2018.
The two institutions started off as a single entity called ‘Besant Girls School’ in the year 1918 under the sponsorship National Education Society, whose Vice Chancellor was Dr. Annie Besant and Chancellor Dr. Rabindranath Tagore.
In the year 1927, Theosophical Society of India took over the management of the school as the school faced financial difficulties. In 1928 the school received Government recognition and was converted into an elementary school. In 1929, it was upgraded into a higher elementary school and 1938 it was renamed as Besant National Girls School. In 1956, pursuant to the prevailing government policy, the primary school section and high school section were bifurcated into Besant Higher Primary School and Besant National Girls School.
Besant Higher Primary School provides education in Kannada Medium from First Standard to Seventh Standard following the curriculum of Department of Education, Government of Karnataka.
The school functions from our Kodialbail North campus.
This school has been a great source of support to the economically backward sections of the community to provide quality education to their children, leading to their social upliftment.